Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Happiness IS a Warm Puppy!

Elvis is such a smart, fun little puppy dog. Every day is a new adventure. He is eager to learn and loves to play. He is learning to fetch his pink ball and play hide and seek. He also likes to burrow in a blanket and find his way out. Daschunds were once used by farmers to burrow into badger holes and kill them. He certainly tries to 'kill' his teddy bear!
When he sees us eating, he whines and jumps, begging for a bite. I'm sure he has never had people food, but he sure wants a taste. I accidentally dropped a crumb of popcorn on the floor and he jumped on it and scarfed it up!
The 'potty training' is going Ok, too. For such a young pup, he's doing pretty well.
Charlie Brown was right..... Happiness truly is a warm puppy! In the short time that he has been here, this precious little spirit has brought such joy to this house. I almost can't imagine life without him! I have always tolerated dogs, never really feeling the need to have one of my own, but Elvis has not only changed my mind, he has changed my heart.
Well, Elvis wants to have his nightly romp through the house! Whew! I'm tired, but who can resist that cute puppy face?
BlogItemCommentsEnabled> 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home