Monday, February 27, 2006

Puppy School Days

We went to our first puppy class tonight. As the other puppies began to arrive Elvis got a little nervous. There are nine other puppies of various breeds in the class. Elvis is one of the smallest dogs, so when he saw the labs he ran the other way. This was his first time to see so many dogs at one time, which is one reason I wanted him to take the class. He needs to be able to socialize with other dogs.
Elvis is such a smart puppy! He is learning to walk on a leash, sit and stay and to 'look' on command. He's a handsome, friendly little boy. He greeted everyone with a smile, except for the huge chocolate lab who barked loudly and tried to run amok the entire time. This dog a little too old for the class and is totally out of control. The instructor was trying to be diplomatic, but she obviously was distracted by him.
This 'doggie business' is still new to me, but I love it. I amazes me how many people have dogs and other animals. I can't believe it took me this long to appreciate how special a pet can be. I can't imagine not having Elvis!
Speaking of Elvis, he wants to play chase, so I'd better go wear him out so he'll sleep tonight!


BlogItemCommentsEnabled> 1 comments

1 Comments:

Blogger Mad Ethel said...

I loved teaching my puppy classes when I worked at Petsmart. That's awesome that you enrolled him. That is one of the best things you could ever do for him. I think I'll have to put Elvis' blog on my blogroll!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home