Sunday, July 02, 2006

On the Hunt

Elvis has become quite the little hunter/stalker lately. Last week he came across a big toad frog on the back porch. Poor froggie tried to get away, but Mr. Bad A** pounced on him and had a death grip on the poor creature before I could stop him. I literally pried his jaws open and rescued the frog from certain death. Elvis was soooo mad at me for stopping the slaughter, but I knew if he chewed on Mr. Froggie he would be foaming at the mouth. The frog was still moving, so I picked him up and tossed him over the fence. I hope he made it!

Unfortunately, the earth worm Elvis encountered a few days later wasn't so lucky. After batting the worm about and stepping on it a few times, Elvis laid down and rolled over it with his little weenie body. I never dreamed he would try to eat the thing, but, eat it he did! I nearly lost my breakfast!

Elvis loves to "give Mommy sugar", but if he keeps eating and biting on live critters, he's gonna have to brush his teeth and gargle with Listerine before he comes near my mouth again!

He's acts just like a smelly, nasty little boy sometimes. Both of these episodes reminded me of my son when he was a little boy. When D was about 8 yrs old, he went out side and gathered up all the frogs he could find and brought them in the house, filled the bathtub with water, took off his clothes and got in the tub with them. There must have been two dozen toads swimming around with him. I wish I had taken a picture. Another time, after I had taken D's jeans out of the washer to put in the dryer, I noticed several dead worms in the washer tub. Something told me to check the jean pockets. Yep, there were more dead worms, all rolled up in little spirals. Oh well, at least they were clean and dead, and I discovered them before they went into the dryer. Talk about crispy critters!

D still loves critters and dogs and being out doors....

Snips and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of!
BlogItemCommentsEnabled> 3 comments

3 Comments:

Blogger babbles said...

Hey, Elvis,
Tell your mommy that my mommy gave me grapes and I got sick from them, then she read grapes and raisins are toxic for us little 4 legged peoples. Now liver, that is a total nuther thing. I kill for liver.

Heidi

5:15 PM  
Blogger Lainey said...

Hey Heidi,
Yeah, I found out about grapes the hard way, too. I had a terrible tummy ache! Then Baxter told me not to eat them any more cause they are toxic for us pups.
I stil get cantaloupe and carrots, though...Yum Yum!
I've never had liver, but it sure sounds good. Maybe Mom will fix some soon and share with me.

Thank you, Thank you very much
for sharing,
Elvis

2:53 PM  
Blogger Mad Ethel said...

Ego is a killa, too. But I encourage it in the house. We always get bugs that fly inside and he chases them along with the cats. I'm guessing he picked that up from them. It's pretty funny to watch him dart up on the furniture to chase after them though.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home