Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My Tummy Hurts


Elvis woke me up at 3:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. He was restless and his tummy was making loud churning noises. I had given him a few bites of grilled steak the night before, which he swallowed whole. He also had been chewing on the cilantro in my herb garden. Anyway, something had made him sick. I held him and walked the floor, just like a baby, rubbed his tummy and took him outside, but nothing helped. It finally occurred to me to try giving him some antacid, so I poured some Mylanta in a saucer and tried to get him to lick some up. That didn't work, so I dipped my fingers in the medicine, pried open his mouth and smeared it on his tongue. He gagged a few times like he was going to throw up, but it stayed down. After about 30 minutes his tummy settled down and he went to sleep.

He stayed curled up on his blanket while I got ready for work. Poor baby, I hated to leave him....He looked so sad and forlorn.

I was so worried about him all day. Thank God, He was all better when I came in Tuesday afternoon.

BlogItemCommentsEnabled> 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home