Sunday, September 10, 2006

My New Friend

This is Lucky. He was running around the neighborhood with a hurt front paw. We called him Hop-a-Long at first. It just so happened that his vet is the same one that we got Princeton ( that goofy cat) from. Mom called so we could find his people. The lady at the vet's office said he was a 'runner' and had escaped another time. I guess his people didn't want him back because they never called back. I liked him...we had fun running around the yard together. He could run fast, even on three legs.
I don't know why Mom didn't want to keep him, but she was going to take him to a shelter this weekend. Lucky's paw must have gotten better because he dug under the gate and split, man!
It had rained and the ground was wet and soft, so the big guy had no trouble digging a big hole. It was full of rain water after he left. Who says dogs aren't smart!
I was so sad when I went to the back door to see him...and he was gone! I rang my bell so Mom would let me outside. She made me stay in until the hole could be fixed. She probably thinks I would run too. I just wanted to find Lucky!
Oh well, Now I guess I'll have to play with that goofy cat!
BlogItemCommentsEnabled> 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home